We know that the start of high school is an exciting time not only for new students, but also for their parents and family. Whether it’s the first or fifth family member to take this step, if it’s your first time in marching band it can be even more exciting and overwhelming!
The Riverside King Band & Color Guard Boosters are eager to make this transition as easy for you as possible. We are offering a Parents and Family Orientation on Saturday, June 20. This gives us an opportunity to welcome you and share information about the program, the campus, volunteer opportunities, and how to best support your student.
Our goal is to give you the resources you need to help make your student’s transition to marching band as smooth as possible. We've designed a quick tour around the campus to meet with our band boosters to hear and see firsthand what it takes to have an exceptional music program like the one here at King.
Mr. Gray, the band director, and the booster president will be available after the orientation to answer your questions or to just say “hello”. Our goal is to help you keep track of all the important "to-do's" leading up to a successful fall season of 2015.
We hope you will be able to join us! We are eager for you to feel at home here at King and with the Riverside Kingsmen!
When: June 20, 2015
Where: Band Room
- Tour will start in the band room and move around campus.
- Gain insights into the potential adjustments your new band student and your family will face.
- Get better acquainted with the “behind the scenes” of running a successful marching band program.
- Tour will end in the band room with light refreshments. Have any other questioned answered.
- Meet with current band boosters and other new family members.
Any questions, please contact Lauri Byers at