Hello 'Potential' Madrid Travelers,
It was wonderful to see such a great turnout at our recent meeting! (Jan 17) In case you missed it, these are/were the highlights:
Still looking for MORE performers!
Each day, each week, the travel roster continues to grow, little by little. At this time, we have topped the magic 100 person mark, well on our way to our goal of 200 total! Now the focus is on getting MORE PERFORMERS to join the fun, especially trumpet players (and brass players of every kind) and drummers.
As always, there are openings in every section of the group! Please help me spread the word!
- Must have full legal name of each and every traveler, as it appears on your passport or driver's license!
- Must have DOB of each traveler
- Must have gender of each traveler
- Must have nationality of each traveler
- Need a photo of each performer. A simple head shot is fine OR I can crop it for you from a quality photo
PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH THIS INFO INCLUDED ASAP!
- Need everyone's travel account brought up to date! (many of you are still stuck on the $200 level)
Having the initial deposit in is fine... as a starter. In the next 30 to 60 days, Sheila and I have to determine just who is officially IN and who needs to be dropped. I will work with anyone and will be as flexible as possible, but when a student (like today) brings in $67 to be added to their tour account, it is not very promising.
- Need 3 color copies of the photo page of each traveler's passport.
It's never too soon to start the process of getting a valid passport. If you already have one, please check the expiration date. The law requires that it be valid for 6 months after the conclusion of our tour! Make sure yours will still be legal when you need to use it to get home! (Click 'US Passport Information' in our links for more information - Webmaster)
The monthly meetings are designed to:
- give travelers the chance to drop off payments and/or check their account balance due
- share the latest news and updates (hotel selection, passport info, etc.)
- recruit NEW additions to the travel roster (telling the whole story)
I usually spend the first 15 to 20 minutes covering the newest info, so that those who came just to 'check their account' and make a payment can hear the news... and then leave at their discretion.
I always try to show a brief video presentation of some sort... either of something in London OR in Madrid.
- Next big topics:
- getting a passport
- letting us know who you want to room with
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!
Still looking for more performers! Let me know if you have any questions!